IMT Modular Partitions are designed with similar, yet improved, characteristics of conventional dry wall. It has been engineered to be extremely flexible and can be re-used, reconfigured and adapted in the field, to respond to change. The wall is assembled from an internal metal-framed structure or skeleton, exterior cladding [skins] and various customer specific accessories.
Assembled on site, the internal framework supports the modular Partition component parts while addressing irregularities in leveling of either floor or ceiling. This structure creates the space division, departments, corridors & rooms.
The internal structure consists of:
- Post – the vertical elements that have a standard leveling range of ±2” top and bottom or ±-4” per post.
- Corner post – providing the same support as the verticals elements but also junction configurations of 90°, 120° & 135°.
- Channel – a universal ceiling and floor channel to house the posts in a continuous line and to act as a plinth for both floor and ceiling alignment.
- Corner channel – serves the same function as the regular channel but for junction configuration.
- Cross member – The horizontal element of the internal structure that bridges the gap between posts. It is placed on the outer face of the frame. This will allow for a different cladding or skin configuration on each side of a single module.
Interchangeable finish elements that complete the exterior of the Modular Walls. The facing creates the visual effect of the partition and is available in a variety of sizes, functions and finishes.
The cladding options consists of:
- Floor skin – to be positioned at floor level, available in solid finishes only (laminated surfaces, veneer and fabric).
- Ceiling skins – to be positioned adjacent to the ceiling, available in all solid finishes (laminate, veneer and fabric). This ceiling element comes in 12 standard heights to accommodate varying heights of ceilings.
- Solid skins – available in laminate, veneer and fabric in multiple sizes for the various module configurations.
- Tempered glazing – double paned, framed or exterior glass, clear, frosted or decorative. (single glazing available for project with a net product cost over $50,000).
- Utility segments – slat-wall, white-board and tack-board used to enhance functionality of the wall surface.
- Corner covers – covering the corner posts in various finishes.
- Doors – glass or solid door, for creating privacy within a space.
Enhance the functionality of the Modular Partitions with the use of our accessories.
The accessories consist of:
- Modular electrics.
- Cantilevers & brackets – designed to support
- Accommodate view-boxes, flat-screen technology, etc.
- Coat hooks & picture hangers.
- Acoustic batting.